Thursday, February 1, 2024

Rest of October 2023 (Grandma J visit and Halloween)


Since we had given my mom COVID for her birthday and couldn't celebrate before we went to Utah, we did a big combined birthday party for her, me, and Jeff at a teppanyaki place.

Ivy was not a fan of the fire.

Axel needed some pictures for Family History activity, and while looking for pictures of my grandparents I came across these gems.

First day of school 1995.

Me (in the middle) in first or second grade.

My infamous soccer picture, 1999. I was asking "What should I do with my other hand," and CLICK! A masterpiece was created.

Pictures of Jeff and I from Halloween past. 2011.

That little boy is a high school graduate now, swoon!

Jeff and his aunt Susan. Ivy as a toddler looks a lot like him.



Trying to survive Stake Conference with our crazy kids. It was rough.

First time in their full costumes, for a TKD Halloween party. Felix won the costume contest. 

What Ivy was doing while I used the restroom. Bringing all her dishes to outside the bathroom door.

I squeezed her into last year's bat leggings. So cute!


Felix giving Daddy some inspiring words.

Pics of cousin Caroline, still in the NICU.


Aunt Olivia put Caroline in a pumpkin outfit for Halloween.

Ivy putting a hat on Axel.


A new bakery opened up right by our church building, so we tried it out after cleaning the church one morning. So yummy!

Felix had an assignment from school to decorate a paper pumpkin, and he turned it into a scary monster. He decided to take off the dripping blood because it might be too scary for his classmates 😅

Wearing Mommy's shoes.



A little earthquake struck right by us. I only noticed it because I heard the garage door make a weird popping noise, then got an alert on my phone. I didn't really feel anything. The boys felt it a little bit at school.

The boys earned their next TKD belts (Felix in front on the left, and Axel is third from the right)





After they earned their belts, we met Daddy at Food Trucks in the Park and had dinner together.

I take Ivy to library story time on occasion, but she has started stealing all the carpet squares from the other kids...


Grandma J came for a visit.

We went to a Pumpkin Patch.







The kids played with these hay bull things for a good 20 minutes.








Ivy was tuckered out after that.

Little cousin Walter was born while Grandma J was visiting us! He was a week early so she was supposed to be there when he was born, whoops! He is awfully cute!


Trying on Ivy's costume for the first time. I was so happy to find those sparkly boots in a hand-me-down clothing bag from cousins. They were perfect for the costume!

Poor baby got a cold and just wanted Mommy.

Carving pumpkins with Daddy.

And with Grandma.

The kids all ready to go to the trunk-or-treat. I wanted to make sure we got a picture before we went, since I was sure they would spill food on their costumes. I was right, Felix was covered, but luckily his shirt is washable. They are  Fix-it Felix, Wreck-it Ralph, and Vanellope. (all from "Wreck-it Ralph) I made/assembled their costumes. It was fun!


Our trunk-or-treat set-up.


Crazy morning hair.

Jeff, Grandma, and the Felix made clay bats.

And painted them.


Halloween day started out with the Halloween Parade at school.


My cheap witches hat photographs so weird, haha. 


Felix giving fist bumps to Axel and friends.





Felix saying "That's my mom!"

Wonder Woman is very strong.

And knows lots of songs.

Halloween dinner. I was very proud of the banana ghosts.


Ready to go trick-or-treat!

Ivy and I came back after about 45 minutes to re-fill the candy bowl. It was totally empty, who knows for how long! We have a ton of kids in our neighborhood, and everyone started at the clubhouse this year, which meant that all the houses in the middle (like ours) got tons of trick-or-treaters early on, and the houses on the outer edges got a lot less.


Ivy was cold so I put my jacket on her.

The next day, Axel thought it would be a great idea to wear his muscle shirt under his clothes. He has actually done it a bunch of times since then. He likes the look, haha.

This was technically November 1st, but Pixar had their Halloween party the day after Halloween. There was a real live BB8 robot that someone at work had built.

Sewing projects this month:

I had leftover fabric from my mom's Bluey shirt, and my next door neighbor had a baby, so I made shirts for her newborn and almost-3-year-old.

Christmas doggie shirt for Grandma J

Low-key Christmas-ey sweater for Nana for her birthday.


We had a fun visit with Grandma J, we love to have her at Halloween! I was pretty Halloween-ed out by time Halloween was over, but the kids had so much fun with all the events. And it was beautiful weather, which always helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment