Monday, September 10, 2018

Trip to Utah

We had the opportunity to travel to Utah to introduce Felix to family, and to give him a blessing! Natalie took professional pictures for the blessing so I'll post those when I have them back.

The first day, we went swimming. Felix melted into a ball after I nursed him. Too cute!

Axel having the time of his life at the pool.






Then we went to a nice dinner




 The next day we went on a hike. It was beautiful and the perfect temperature for it, but my poor post-natal body mixed with the change in altitude... I survived though!


Throwing rocks in the water, his favorite thing.


Nap outside

Felix with GG

Alex with Felix

Cousin Ranae

Harrison, Anjie, and Ethan

Axel playing with Ava and Collin

Felix smiling at Anjie

Jenny, Gary, and Harrison

Oliver (at the door), Alex, Kaden, Axel, and Ethan (with Matthew in the chair)


Ava was so happy to get a turn!

Who could resist that face?

Grandma R getting some smiles.

We got to go mini-golfing on a sweltering hot day. Axel definitely played better than I did.




Axel's ball did an impressive ricochet and ended up in the water.


Felix enjoyed sitting on the couch with Daddy.

Felix likes to lay on the floor (aka not be held) so the Giles family all sat around him. He was super happy with all those faces to look at!

We went to the Tracy Aviary in Salt Lake City.

This macaw could say "Hi" and "Hello"

Turkey vulture at the bird show.

Daddy and Felix with some weird-looking birds.

Felix's face in this one! And Axel's too! Haha!

One happy Nana.

Andean Condor spotting Felix to eat.

Smiles for Papa.

Smothered by brotherly love.

The 4 of us snuck to J Dawgs when we had a free afternoon. I love it so much! Good thing I found a recipe for their special sauce so that we can have a taste of it in New York.

He was fussy one morning until Jeff laid him like this and he fell asleep. Whatever works!

Practicing holding his rattle.


My family got into town and enjoyed loving on the boys.

GG invited us over for a delicious dinner.

Swimming with Gramma at the hotel pool.





I spy 2 cute little boys!

My cousin Kira was also able to come visit. Axel loved playing legos with her.

Gramma got Felix to sleep.

Shooting the fire pit? I said they couldn't shoot each other, but the gun leaked all over Axel so he got soaked anyway.

Nerf/lightsaber battle in the basement


Grandma B holding Felix. 

Felix spent all of our sushi dinner under the table like that.

My aunt Julie and my Grandma M were also able to come.

My sister Aerin, me, and Kira.

Grampa, Brennen, Great Grandma M, Julie, and Axel

My Grandma M with Felix

 Julie and Felix

Letting him kick while everyone watches

Felix really liked Auntie Aerin

How cute is this outfit?

Two months old today, and excited about it!



Axel with Grandma R

 Grandma Jones, Luke, and his fiance Chelsea. So excited they could come out too!

Family dinner (all million sides of immediate family) that my dad made. It was delicious!
Grandma R, Axel, Alex, Luke, Jeff, Gramma, GG

Luke, Chelsea, Grandma M, Grandma J, Brennen, Grampa, Julie, Natalie, and Kira

GG with monkey-butt

We celebrated Papa's birthday with a delicious carrot cake! Nana makes the best cakes!


Roasting marshmallows

Chocolate face with Natalie

Aerin trying to help Felix with his neck.

Luke and Chelsea with Felix

Kira had to leave before the blessing. She was so fun to have around!

Dinner at Goodwood.


Natalie took pictures for the blessing (which I will post later), but I took a few with my phone at the after-party.

Brennen with Grandpa B (Felix Stephen's name-sake!)

Grandma sandwich!

My college roommate Kayli came! It was so great to see her!

Jeff's former co-worker Moroni with us

Ranae and Felix

Brennen and Axel

Saying goodbye to my parents and Brennen




Felix hanging out with Daddy

At the park with Grandma J, Luke, and Chelsea


Axel loved this electronic game. We will definitely need to go to this park again when we visit Utah! It was in Daybreak.

Snuggles with Grandma J

Belated birthday dinner for Papa. I love how Felix is the only one looking at the camera!


We found some cool baseball cards (re-prints because we're not millionaires) and framed them for Papa's office. I am the worst gift giver, but I felt pretty good about this one.

I caught this cute moment of Axel reading to a crowd.

Our layover set-up at the Detroit airport.

Being able to bless Felix in Utah was such a special experience. Thank you to everyone who travelled to participate. It means so much to us to know we have your support. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment