Thursday, September 12, 2024

Surprise, a baby! (encompassing April through June 2024)

So I was admittedly not feeling great over Ivy's birthday weekend, and my period was late, but I tried to ignore it. But after a week of my period not coming, I decided I should probably take a pregnancy test. 

Ivy was very excited to hold the boxes for me.

She was even kind enough to open the box and play with its contents while I was driving.

So I woke up early the next day and took the tests. I really couldn't believe it! I even started to pass out and had to elevate my feet for about 30 minutes before I could help with the kids that morning.

8 week ultrasound.

Close-up of 8 week ultrasound.

Belly already a bit bloated at 9 weeks along. I was panicking that everyone would be able to tell I was pregnant, haha! We were waiting a while to tell anyone. We found out about this time (through bloodwork) that the baby is a GIRL!

12 week ultrasound

Telling the kids. I thought for sure Axel had figured it out, or at least had an inkling (I was so tired and napping all the time and feeling sick), but he was clue-less!



13 week ultrasound, to check for neural tube defects. The baby looks great!

Anyway, the moral of the story is that apparently I CAN get pregnant without medical intervention. Jeff and I had both had feelings separately that there was another baby for us, but had not voiced those out loud. I couldn't figure out how it would happen because we have no more frozen embryos and I was not willing to do fertility treatments again, so I hadn't brought it up to him. Jeff, on his own, had been praying to God that if He wanted us to have another baby, now is the time because we are getting old! I guess Heavenly Father really wanted this baby to be born!

No comments:

Post a Comment